Thursday, May 28, 2009

Books

I like to read but have some really bad habits. For the most part I read educational type books like about parenting, diet or nutrition, money or self help of some kind. It's not that I don't enjoy reading fictional books but that is where my bad habits come into play. Yes, I like to read but finding the time is a whole different story and when I do find the time I usually fall asleep. I have a bad habit of starting books and never finishing them. I have several books with a book mark just sitting there about half way through the book and I have never returned to read them. The bad thing about fictional is that I would most probably have to start from the beginning again because depending how long it has been I will probably have forgotten pieces of the story. The good thing about the educational books is that I can flip through and read the pieces that I find most interesting and helpful and maybe read the rest later. Anyway one of the books I am currently reading is Wild Things the art of nuturing boys by Stephen James and David Thomas. It is a nice book that does not just give you parenting strategies but lets you understand the mind of a boy as to what they are thinking and feeling at different stages of their life. It's a definite read for any of you raising little boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment